No, we can’t calm down—even in the midst of a lavender haze.
Taylor Swift just dropped the highly-anticipated music video for the second single from her album, Midnights—and as expected, it already has fans on cloud nine.
The surrealist video stars Taylor and her lover (played by Laith Ashley) in what she calls a “sultry sleepless 70’s fever dream” complete with purple smoke, flowers growing from the carpet and her television opening into a galaxy. It naturally ends with her falling asleep on a cloud in a starry sea of swimming koi fish.
On Instagram, Taylor shouted out her “incredible costar” Laith, a transgender model and actor, “who I absolutely adored working with.”
“This was the first video I wrote out of the 3 that have been released,” she said, “and this one really helped me conceptualize the world and mood of Midnights.”
Ahead of the release of her 10th studio album in October, Taylor shared the inspiration behind some of the songs, including “Lavender Haze,” the first track on the record. Co-written by friend Zoë Kravitz, the singer revealed she was intrigued by the phrase after hearing it while watching Mad Men.
- On the field most of the time, Danielle is the team’s supergirl- getting all the latest business and financial news, as they happen.
- People & CelebritiesApril 16, 2023Reese Witherspoon & Ex Ryan Phillippe Attend Son Deacon’s Album Party
- InvestmentApril 16, 2023Target was Hit on YPF Energy for a 9.3% Gain.
- People & CelebritiesApril 16, 2023(Exclusive Details) OKC Man Accused Of Knowingly Spreading HIV For Years
- InvestmentApril 16, 2023Lol, talk about being so blind. It’s amazing,