After wrapping production on The White Lotus‘ second season in Sicily, creator Mike White hinted that he already had a destination for season three in mind.
“The first season highlighted money and the second season is sex,” he said. “I think the third season, it would be maybe a satirical, funny look at death, Eastern religion and spirituality. It feels like it could be a rich tapestry to do another round.”
However, prior to the season two premiere, he hypothesized about something completely different—suggesting that he had another idea for the second season, but ultimately decided to go in the Sicilian direction.
“I might still do it down the road maybe, if they give us a third season, so I don’t know if I should say,” Mike told Entertainment Weekly Sept. 29. “Originally, it was more of like a Bilderberg conference, more about getting into some of the bigger power dynamics there. But Sicily was a totally different vibe than the idea I pitched. That didn’t seem right.”
For the record, the Bilderberg meeting, established in 1954, is an off-the-record gathering held annually meant to encourage political and social discussion between the United States and Europe.
A bunch of influential politicians at a White Lotus resort? Would could go wrong?!
- On the field most of the time, Danielle is the team’s supergirl- getting all the latest business and financial news, as they happen.
- Renovation2023.01.27Special drone collects environmental DNA from trees
- People & Celebrities2023.01.27We’re in a Love Spiral From Taylor Swift’s “Lavender Haze” Music Video
- Investment2023.01.27Money Wave Alert! Jan 26, 2023
- People & Celebrities2023.01.27Cop At Center Of Department Sex Scandal Offered $10K To Strip