Give yourself a well-deserved pat on the back if you’ve taken on the difficult task of cleaning out your refrigerator. But wait, you’re not finished yet. It’s time to put everything back together after all expired condiments have been dumped and the shelves have been wiped clean.
It makes a difference how you go about it and where you put things. Here’s an approach that applies the same concepts but is adapted to the specifics of a home refrigerator.
- Leftovers, drinks, and ready-to-eat meals are stored on the upper shelf (like yogurt, cheese, and deli meats).
- Basic components for cooked recipes are kept on the lower shelf.
Because the refrigerator door is the warmest area of the fridge, only condiments should be stored there. Do not put eggs or milk in the door; they should be kept in the refrigerator’s coldest section.
These might be difficult to work with. It makes sense to store fruits and vegetables in them because they’re designed to keep produce at precise humidity levels. However, because they’re normally at the bottom of the fridge, putting meat on the shelf above could contaminate our fresh vegetables.
What Are Some Possible Solutions
If you have two, make one drawer entirely for vegetables and the other solely for raw meat.
Use the lowest drawer for meat if one drawer is higher than the other. Suppose they’re next to each other, whichever drawer will suffice. Clean the meat drawer regularly.
Do you require both fruit and vegetable drawers? If it’s impossible to avoid storing raw meat above other foods, make your meat drawer with a clear plastic bin that will collect any spills and keep the meat safely apart from the rest of the food.
Visit our blog page to learn more tips and tricks about cleaning and organizing your fridge.
- On the field most of the time, Danielle is the team’s supergirl- getting all the latest business and financial news, as they happen.
- Renovation2023.01.27Special drone collects environmental DNA from trees
- People & Celebrities2023.01.27We’re in a Love Spiral From Taylor Swift’s “Lavender Haze” Music Video
- Investment2023.01.27Money Wave Alert! Jan 26, 2023
- People & Celebrities2023.01.27Cop At Center Of Department Sex Scandal Offered $10K To Strip